- Jeff Sands, MD, Director of the Division of Renal Medicine in the Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, was named President of the American Physiological Society.
- Mary Ann C. Gilligan, MD, MPH, Associate Professor, Medical College of Wisconsin, and Dana Dunne, MD, Clerkship Director, Yale School of Medicine, along with their coauthors received the John A. Benson Jr., MD Professionalism Article Prize from the ABIM Foundation.
- Holly J. Humphrey, MD, MACP, Dean for Medical Education, University of Chicago Division of the Biological Sciences, Pritzker School of Medicine, has been named President of the Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation.
- Clyde Yancy, MD chief of cardiology, Northwestern University, was awarded a 2018 Wenger Award for excellence in medical research by WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease.
- Hilary Ryder, MD, MS, FACP, clerkship director, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, received an AAMC Excellence in Medical Education award for research.
- Gordon Tomaselli, MD, has been named dean of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, effective July 1.
- Sandra Ordonez, C-TAGME, was recently promoted to Program Manager for the Center of Diversity and Inclusion at Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Nancy Day Adams, MD, professor emeritus at University of Connecticut School of Medicine, was awarded the Robert G. Narins Award from the American Society of Nephrology.
The following received awards at the American College of Physicians Internal Medicine 2018 meeting:
- Hasan Bazari, MD, FACP
Harvard Medical School Massachusettes General Hospital
ACP Award for Outstanding Educator of Residents and Fellows
- Jehan El-Bayoumi, MD, FACP
George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
W. Lester Henry Award for Diversity and Access to Care
- Auguste H. Fortin, MD, MACP
Yale-New Haven Medical Center (Primary Care)
Jane F. Desforges Distinguished Teacher Award
- Silvo E. Inzucchi, MD, FACP
Yale School of Medicine
Samuel Eichold II Memorial Award for Contributions in Diabetes
- Bharat Kumar, MD, FACP
University of Iowa
Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine
- Joseph E. Johnson Leadership Award
Devang Patel, MD
University of Marlyand School of Medicine
- Walter J. McDonald Award for Young Physicians
Jeffrey H. Samet, MD, FACP
Boston University School of Medicine
- Richard and Hinda Rosenthal Award #1
from The Rosenthal Family Foundation
The following were recognized as Masters of the American College of Physicians at ACP's Internal Medicine 2018 meeting:
- Nancy D. Adams, MD, MACP
- Paul B. Aronowitz, MD, MACP
- Lisa M. Bellini, MD, MACP
- Kathleen A. Cooney, MD, MACP
- William E. Davis, MD, MACP
- John M. Flack, MD, MPH, MACP
- Auguste H. Fortin VI, MD, MPH, MACP
- Kevin P. High, MD, MACP
- Susan Thompson Hingle, MD, MACP
- Mary M. Horowitz, MD, MACP
- Cynthia A. Jumper, MD, MPH, MACP
- George H. Karam, MD, MACP
- Mark Linzer, MD, MACP
- David T. Martin, MD, MACP
- Diana B. McNeill, MD, MACP
- Eileen M. Moser, MD, MACP
- Stephen M. Pastores, MD, MACP
- Steven B. Pearson, MD, MACP
- Timothy E. Quill, MD, MACP
- Eileen E. Reynolds, MD, MACP
- Gregory W. Rouan, MD, MACP
- Moro O. Salifu, MD, MACP
- Robert C. Smith, MD, MACP
- Jennifer C. Thompson, MD, MACP
- Sara L. Wallach, MD, MACP