AAIM Compensation Committee
The AAIM Compensation Committee is charged to ensure the structure and organization of the AAIM staff meets the strategic and operational needs of the alliance. The committee is responsible for:
- Providing oversight of the annual performance evaluation and goal-setting process for the AAIM president and executive vice president.
- Reviewing and recommending modifications to the AAIM president and executive vice president employment agreements.
- Reviewing annual benchmark data related to staff compensation and benefit plans.
- Recommending an annual compensation package to the AAIM Finance and Audit Committee.
- Monitoring the staff incentive compensation program.
Chair: Jeff Becker, MBA
AAIM Compliance Committee
The AAIM Compliance Committee assists the AAIM Board of Directors in its oversight responsibilities relating to management’s implementation of compliance programs, policies, and procedures designed to respond to the various compliance and regulatory risks facing organization. The committee is responsible for:
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the system for monitoring compliance with laws and regulations.
- Monitoring the adherence to AAIM standards of conduct, conflict of interest, and external support policies.
- Reviewing the results of investigations of allegations of non-compliance and make appropriate recommendations to the AAIM Board of Directors.
Chair: Lisa Willett, MD, MACM, FACP
AAIM Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Advisory Group
A new two-year entity, the AAIM DEI Advisory Group is charged to serve in an oversight role to provide recommendations and guidance to the AAIM Board of Directors through two deliverables: a year one report about the the current status, milestones and anticipated outcomes of AAIM’s DEI efforts; and a final report outlining recommendations for AAIM’s long-term strategy, priorities, next steps, resourcing, and programmatic focus, and outcomes as well as key performance indicators and metrics for success.
Chair: Chavon M. Onumah, MD, MPH, MEd, FACP
AAIM Education Program Planning Committee
The AAIM Conference Education Committee is charged to encourage support for conference programming and improvements through collaboration and communication across all AAIM program planning committees as well as identify existing opportunities and develop new ones for these collaborative efforts to thrive. This includes ensuring Academic Internal Medicine Week programming, events, venues, and activities are aligned across all participating groups to maximize program planning committee efforts and improve the attendee experience. The committee will also support efforts to ensure AAIM’s major conference deliverables fit within approved programming guidelines for future small meetings and virtual education offerings.
Chair: Dominique Cosco, MD
AAIM Finance and Audit Committee
The AAIM Finance and Audit Committee is responsible for assisting AAIM Board of Directors oversight of the integrity of AAIM’s financial statements and its financial strategy, objectives, and priorities; performance of AAIM’s investments; compliance with legal and regulatory requirements; completion of the audited financial statements; and the performance of AAIM’s independent auditors. Specifically, the committee ensures internal controls, financial oversight, and independent audit for the organization and is responsible for reviewing:
- Revenues and expenses.
- Financial performance relative to achievement of AAIM’s strategic objectives.
- Annual operating, board designated, and capital budgets assuring correlation with the strategic objectives and recommending budget approvals to the AAIM Board of Directors.
- Financial policies and plans—including investment strategy--for the organization and recommending approval by the Board of Directors.
- Annual audited financial reports.
- All applicable tax forms.
Chair: Allen Mead
AAIM Governance Committee
The governance committee is charged to review and monitor the alliance bylaws; develop recommendations to the AAIM Board of Directors on issues related to governance structure, decision making, and board policies; oversee annual council election and evaluation processes; and serve as the AAIM Nominating Committee.
Chair: Vera P. Luther, MD, FACP, FIDSA
AAIM Innovations Grant Committee
The AAIM Innovation Grants Committee is charged with overseeing the AAIM Innovation Grants Program. The committee is responsible for providing guidance on the annual grant’s timeline and process, determining future grant program themes, reviewing submitted letters of interest and grant applications, and selecting grant recipients.
Chair: Thurayya Arayssi, MD
Vice Chair: Rachel Perlman, MD
AAIM Medical Education Research Committee
The AAIM Medical Education Research Committee is charged to develop or facilitate resources that support members in conducting medical education research as directly related to the strategic plan.
Chair: M. Hayes Baker, MD
Vice Chair: Amalia Landa-Galindez, MD
AAIM Research Committee
The AAIM Research Committee is charged with promoting and sustaining a community of research program directors to develop and share best practices designed to ensure the survival, growth, and diversity of the physician-scientist workforce. The committee will serve as the central body for data collection, analysis and the dissemination of research-related outcomes of residency and fellowship research programs.
Chair: Jatin Vyas, MD, PhD
Vice Chair: Emily Gallagher, MD