Who we are:
The Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine (AAIM), a professional membership association, promotes the advancement and professional development of its members who prepare the next generation of internal medicine physicians and leaders through education, research, engagement, and collaboration. Representing over 11,000 members, AAIM is the largest association of faculty and administrative staff serving in departments of medicine. AAIM has an opening for an Assistant Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Located in the Old Town section of Alexandria, AAIM is convenient to the Blue and Yellow Metro lines. To learn more about our organization, please visit us at www.im.org.
What this job is about:
The Assistant Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) is responsible for evolving, developing, and implementing the diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy and tactics for AAIM members. This includes managing DEI committees, supporting DEI initiatives and developing programming in the AAIM Strategic Plan, supporting and participating in external DEI partnerships and collaborations, tracking and reporting DEI data for members and institutions, developing metrics and key performance indicators for AAIM’s DEI initiatives, ensuring the development of DEI educational opportunities, working with the marketing team to manage communication about AAIM’s DEI projects and initiatives to members and stakeholders, and supporting DEI related initiatives developed by councils, committees, and task forces.
- Provides tactical and strategic support to existing AAIM DEI initiatives, programs, and projects; develops new DEI programs and initiatives to fit AAIM’s strategic plan, mission, and vision.
- Assists with the development and implementation of goals and strategies for new DEI programs and initiatives.
- Collaborates across teams to support DEI initiatives and projects, including educational content, surveys and data, and external collaborations.
- Develops and utilizes metrics to track and evaluate AAIM DEI initiatives and programs.
- Works in partnership with the surveys team to manage the content development, deployment, and analysis of AAIM DEI surveys.
What is required for this job:
- Strong knowledge of DEI issues (e.g., implicit bias, unconscious bias, microaggressions, cultural awareness, allyship, etc.). Understanding of DEI issues in academic internal medicine a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 6-8 years of DEI or other relevant experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Organized, self-directed, detail and deadline oriented.
- Strong skills at developing and managing timelines.
- Adapts quickly to new information, requirements, and priorities.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel 5–8 days per year for conferences.
- Advanced level proficiency using MS Office required.
- Association membership database experience required. Association Anywhere platforms a plus.
What you will get out of it:
- Develop your project management, communication, and budgeting skills
- Insight into academic internal medicine
- Work with committed and dedicated professionals in a collaborative and high performing environment
- Professional development opportunities to grow your career
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, EAP, 403(b) retirement plan with a 7% contribution after one year of service, generous leave policy, onsite parking, and more!
How to apply: Send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com
*Note: AAIM staff are working in a hybrid environment (two days working in the office and three days working remotely).