The 2024 Alliance Awards Program call for nominations is now open through June 9, 2023!
- You may submit a self-nomination or nominate a colleague for an award.
- You may also encourage a colleague to submit a self-nomination by completing this "ping" form. Nominations are treated equitably, whether it is a self-nomination or nomination from a colleague.
- The award is presented during Academic Internal Medicine Week. Award recipients receive free registration to attend Academic Internal Medicine Week and coverage for some travel and hotel expenses related to attending the meeting.
Submit a Nomination
Log in with your AAIM username and password. (Forgot Password?)
Distinguished Service Award
About the Award
The AIM Distinguished Service Award recognizes an AIM member who has made significant contributions to the field of administration of academic internal medicine. The award is presented at Academic Internal Medicine Week.
- The nominee must be a current AIM member at the time of nomination
- The nominee must have significantly contributed to the profession of administration of internal medicine, either by
- Scholarly activity that advances the knowledge base or best practices
- Role modeling leadership in the profession
- Fostering collegiality among AIM membership
- The nominee must not be the recipient of the AIM Distinguish Service Award in the past three award years.
All submissions are completed online and require:
- Responses to award nomination criteria questions, which are based on the award’s nomination criteria.
- Upload of the nominee’s CV or resume. Please consider highlighting the sections that illustrate the nominee’s qualifications for the specific award.
- The nomination is reviewed, evaluated, and selected by AIM Council. The evaluation and selection of the nominee is based on the responses to the award nomination criteria questions and the nominee’s CV or resume.
- All nominations may be considered for the year they are nominated as well as the following two years. An updated CV or resume is required for nominations to be reconsidered.