The call for nominations for the 2023 Alliance Awards program is now open. The Alliance Awards Program honors faculty and staff within academic internal medicine. Acknowledge the outstanding accomplishments of your colleagues by submitting an award nomination. Deadline for nominations is June 24.
For more information, please contact AAIM Member Services at (703) 341-4540 or email@example.com.
Robert H. Williams, MD, Distinguished Chair of Medicine Award
About the Award
The Robert H. Williams, MD, Distinguished Chair of Medicine Award is presented by the Association of Professors of Medicine (APM) to a physician who has demonstrated outstanding leadership as the chair of a department of internal medicine. The award is presented annually at during the APM Winter Meeting portion of Academic Internal Medicine Week.
In selecting a recipient, the following attributes are weighed:
- Accomplishments made by the candidate in the administration and leadership of a department of internal medicine.
- Overall contributions to academic internal medicine in the areas of education, research, patient care and faculty development.
- Involvement with APM or AAIM (e.g., recent or prior attendance at APM Winter Meeting, committee service).
Please note, if a nominee is a current board, council, or executive committee member at the time the award recipient is being selected, they are not eligible for award consideration.
Nominations must be submitted online. Self-nominations are not accepted for this award.
A nomination packet must include:
- One nomination letter from within the department.
- Three letters supporting the nomination
- One from departmental leadership within the department (e.g., vice chair, residency/fellowship program director, division chief)
- One from outside the department, but within the institution (e.g., chair, dean or similar leader from another department)
- One from outside the institution (chair, dean, or similar leader at another institution or an internal medicine professional society leadership position)
- The nominee’s curriculum vitae.
The recipient is selected by the APM Council. If the approved recipient is unable to attend the APM Winter Meeting to accept the award, the recipient forgoes acceptance of the award and will be reconsidered the following year. All nominations will be considered for the year they are nominated as well as the following two years—an updated CV will be required for all roll over nominations to be considered.